GSES CELEBRATES 75 YEARS IN 2020!
Founded in 1945, Good Shepherd Episcopal School (GSES) is a parish day school and ministry of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. Located just west of downtown Austin, GSES currently serves 146 children from ages two through six, including a Bridging Kindergarten program for children who need a little more time. GSES employs a staff and faculty of 30 professionals. Our educational philosophy centers around a play-based, character-enriching early childhood program focused on educating the whole child. In 2015, the school opened a brand-new facility, completed as part of a $22M shared capital campaign with The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd.
For generations, our school has been an important ministry of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. Through this partnership, Austin children have had the opportunity to spend their early years supported by a caring, Christian community as they begin their educational journey. The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, serves approximately 3,500 members, comprising 1,300 households. In 2016, the parish launched a second-campus worshipping congregation, and opened an early-childhood center in May of 2018 serving a broad socio-economic base from that new site’s Central-Southeast location.
Our new facility, coupled with a strong relationship with The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd and supportive, involved families, provides an environment that lovingly nurtures children through their early years.
Heads of School Past and Present
Cris Cook - 1985 - 2007, Jeanie Stark 2007 - 2018, Sheila Abio 2018 - Present