Navigation

Overview

Within a nurturing Christian Community, Good Shepherd Episcopal School builds
in each child the foundation for good character and a lifelong love of learning.

Founded in 1945, Good Shepherd Episcopal School (“GSES”) is a parish day school ministry of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd.  Located just west of downtown Austin, Texas, GSES currently serves 146 children from age two through Kindergarten and employs a staff and faculty of 32 professionals. GSES’ educational philosophy centers around a play-based, character-enriching early childhood program focused on educating the whole child. In 2015, the school opened a brand-new facility, completed as part of a $22 million, shared capital campaign with The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. 

For generations, our school has been an important ministry of The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. Through this partnership, Austin children have had the opportunity to spend their early years supported by a caring, Christian community as they begin their educational journey. The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, serves approximately 3,500 members, comprising 1,300 households.  In 2016, the parish launched a second-campus worshipping congregation, and plans to open an early-childhood center serving a broad socio-economic base from that new site’s Central-Southeast location.  This summer, the Rev. Morgan Allen, enters his ninth year of ministry as Rector, and he leads a staff of four full-time priests; four assisting clergyand seventeen lay staff members.

GSES’ new facility coupled with a strong relationship with The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd and supportive, involved families, provide an environment that lovingly nurtures children through their early years.